What’s included if we go by coach on our school ski trip?
- A luxury coach with DVD, toilet, drinks machine and seat belts from your School through to your resort.
- Return ferries from Dover to France.
- 6 night’s full-board accommodation with an evening meal before departure.
What’s included if we go by air on our school ski trip?
- You can choose to fly with Swiss, B.A., Alitalia or Lufthansa from Heathrow or Birmingham or Manchester OR,
- You can fly from other regional airports served by the budget airlines such as Easyjet or Jet2.
- 7 night’s full-board accommodation.
What are common inclusions to both coach and air school ski trips?
- 6 days’ skiing (you can choose 5 days if you prefer to lower the cost).
- 6 day FULL-AREA lift pass for all our resorts.
- 6 days’ instruction with fully-qualified instructors.
- 6 days’ hire of skis, boots and poles (snowboarders can be accommodated too).
- Fully comprehensive insurance (or you can use your own school’s insurance as that will be much more cost effective for you).
- Planning and booking (where necessary) of evening entertainments.
N.B. Please note that whilst estimates of costs can be provided at an early stage, the cost of the evening entertainment is paid for by each student in resort.
How many free places can we have on our school ski trip?
- As many as you want, but please note that each free place will have a financial implication for the students’ cost.
What’s not included on our school ski trip?
- Meals en-route.
- Drinks with meals at your accommodation other than water.
- Cost of a collective passport.
- Helmet hire.
- Snowboard supplements.
- Lift pass supplements for Fiesch for 17 years and over and Saas Fee for 16 years and over.
N.B. there are no student lift pass supplements for Davos and Leysin.
- Entrance fees to evening entertainments.
N.B. please note some evening entertainments are free of charge, please ask for details.
Why are Ski Gower school ski trips so safe?
- We have been operating our school ski trips to Switzerland without a major incident for 58 years.
- In that time we have never had to defend a single court case with respect to any incident off or on the snow, which is quite a remarkable record.
- We only use reputable coach companies with experience of winter school ski trips and with vehicles less than 5 years old.
- We inspect all accommodations ourselves on a regular basis. We do not rely on third party agencies like the majority of our competitors do.
- We only use high resorts with excellent snow conditions throughout the whole season. The good quality of the snow in these resorts has most definitely ensured that our accident is very very low over the 50+ years that we have been in business.
- The use of British Ski Instructors, who are with their groups permanently on the slopes, helps to reduce accidents and ensure that students do not get lost or separated on the mountains.
- The British Ski staff teach the students the ski-way code.
- 24 hour emergency assistance is provide by the person that booked or administered the tour, so Ski Gower staff are immediately fully familiar with each school ski trip, if there should be a problem.
What clothing and is there anything else I need for the school ski trip?
Please view our clothing and equipment guide which was produced by our Head Ski Instructor Assessor. It provides a great guide for those new to sking regarding suitable clothing and equipment.
Have a question? Just ask.